In 1975, Tarkett invented the PUR surface treatment, which is a milestone in the flooring industry. Our innovation has been copied by many ever since.
Life Cycle Cost
The real cost of a flooring must include purchase, installation, cleaning and maintenance during the whole life cycle of the product. The Life Cycle Cost Software (LCC) is a program developed by Tarkett that integrates all these parameters and assesses the true cost of the flooring over its entire life cycle.
The "8/92" concept
The LCC program has proven that over a 20-year period, cleaning and maintenance represent on average 92% of the flooring’s total cost. Purchase and installation only account for 8%.
A good reason to buy Tarkett.
Up to 30% savings
When you choose Tarkett’s floor covering developed with high-quality raw materials and outstanding PUR reinforcement, the LCC has proved that the cost of maintenance and cleaning may be reduced by up to 30%.
Another good reason to buy Tarkett.
R.O.I. – Return on Investment
Johnsonite, a Tarkett company, has pioneered the concept of creating high-performance environments, providing solutions through employee motivation, safety and efficiency.
Saving through smart solutions
Tarkett has developed many smart solutions designed to save costs not only throughout the product’s life cycle but also during installation. Loose laying, for example, is a solution that makes it easy to install, renovate and remove flooring.
The extreme durability of our products, which are made exclusively from high-quality materials, exceeds all norms and standards and guarantees the investment value.
Life Cycle Analysis and Sustainability
The basis for all environmental work is a life cycle perspective. We always strive to minimise our products’ environmental effects over their entire lifetime. Several aspects must be taken into account: raw materials, product, construction and production, transportation, installation, cleaning and maintenance and, ultimately, recycling and waste handling. All our development efforts and improvement actions are based on all these aspects.
Tarkett is committed to a comprehensive LCA programme following ISO standards that aims to:
- Utilise an eco-design tool to strive towards fully environmentally friendly products
- Keep customers informed of the environmental impacts of Tarkett’s products and processes through a regularly updated document (the EPD) showing our commitment to continuous and substantial improvement
- Allow people involved in a sustainable approach to building (such as LEED GBC in the USA, HQE in France or BRE in the UK) to choose appropriate products
The main criteria taken into consideration by the LCA are:
- Climate change from CO2 and other greenhouse gases
- Atmospheric acidification
- Emissions to air and water
- Consumption of energy resources
- Indoor air quality – VOCs
- Waste – reuse, recycling and disposal